“I need a new helmet (bike). Where to go? Is there a purveyor of fine helmets in Melbourne?”
In a word, no. But there are options.
Though it sucks to have to answer a question with more questions – to be honest, I’ve had a v busy weekend (apparently there was a “grand” final on) so I can’t fully explore this terribly important question right now. So… what I’m wondering is:
1. How hot do you want/expect to look?
2. What shape is your head?
3. What kind of riding do you do?
4. Do you “need” it to match your bike?
5. Do you have some sort of crazy rig?
6. With anodised gold rims?
7. Or are you just trying to prevent brain injury?
9. What’s your reasonable budget?
10. Do you shop online?
11. If not, are you prepared to cross the Yarra?
12. Is your style icon a. Lance Armstrong, b. Steve Peat, or c. Punky Brewster. (I vote c. but don’t let me influence your choice.)
In the mean time, I’ll go to sleep then put my thinking helmet on tomorrow and get back to you.
None of these are actually 100% my style, but – at the same time – I hold a particular envy of motorcycle helmet choice.